Friday, June 22, 2007

Save The Trees


Nowadays my main focus as a theatrical performer is to help stop the commercial denaturing of our globe's forests (especially the rainforests of Brazil). My chimpanzee heritage leads me to feel that the tree has been our "true mother" because she "taught" our bodies to swing by the arms from branch to branch and thus to become the only consistently vertical mammal standing, walking, and running on the globe. Ironically this unique VERTICALITY left our "clever" hands free to chop and to saw our mother into masts, telephone poles, lumber, and firewood to benefit the glory of our culture but to damage the health of our planet. Therefore at every one of my silent "dancing ape" performances my "guest of honor" is a potted seedling tree which during the finale is presented to a child as the narrator says: "Go, child, and plant this tree."
This helps me realize one of the goals of my Ecological Education NGO which is now based in Natal, Brazil.

No comments: